'One-third of deaths in Mauritius caused by cardiovascular diseases'
One-third of deaths reported in Mauritius are caused by cardiovascular diseases, says the Mauritian Health ministry. Quoting a recent survey, an official of the ministry told PANA on Saturday that the prevalence of hypertension was estimated at 35% for women and 40% for men.
Mauritius is preparing to celebrate International Heart Day on Sunday in a bid to let the population know about the risks of heart diseases, as well as the means to fight them.
A statement from the Health ministry said that an awareness campaign on heart diseases and safe lifestyles would be launched on Monday all over the island.
- [12/10/11] Des unités spéciales pour combattre le tabagisme
- [30/08/11] Tabac et pilule : Attention danger pour les femmes
- [24/09/12] Cardiologie : le nombre d’opérations a doublé en cinq ans
- [08/06/11] Cardiologie : constat inquiétant du Cardiac Centre
- [20/03/13] Légume : la pomme d’amour affectée par une bactérie
(Currently 31,450 subscribers)
• L’Etat sera poursuivi...
You've just unlocked our easter egg. That earns you the right (and privilege) to meet the designer of this website.