Currently listing 236 recipes in 91 categories!Latest Recipes
1 (3 to 4 pounds) roast beef
Kosher salt and pepper
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 pound baby red potatoes, scrubbed, skins on
8 ounces button mushrooms, cleaned
1/2 pound baby carrots, peeled
1 onions, very thinly sliced
1 cup Coca-Cola© or other cola (not diet), at room temperature
1 cup tomato sauce (canned or homemade)
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 Tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Prepare a 9 by 13-inch baking pan by lining it with foil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sprinkle roast liberally with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a heavy-duty skillet until very hot, add the olive oil, and quickly sear the roast on both sides.
4. Place seared roast in baking pan.
5. Surround with potatoes, mushrooms, and carrots in an even layer.
6. Spread sliced onions evenly over the top of the meat and vegetables.
7. Mix cola, tomato sauce, onion soup mix, paprika, oregano, and garlic powder in a bowl until combined.
8. Pour evenly over meat and vegetables. Cover tightly with foil.
9. Roast for 2 hours.
10. Remove from oven and let rest at least 15 minutes. C
11. arve meat. Serve with vegetables and pan gravy.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags:
Thank you, your comments will be reviewed shortly!