Currently listing 236 recipes in 91 categories!Latest Recipes
Ingredients for Crêpe:
• 1½ cups all-purpose flour
• 4 tablespoons melted butter
• 1¾ cups skim milk
• 3 eggs
• 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
• 3 tablespoons orange liqueur
• pinch of salt
Yield: 24 6-inch crepes (8" pan) or 18 8-inch crepes (10" pan).
Ingredients for the Sauce:
• 4 tablespoons butter
• ¼ cup sugar
• Juice of 6 oranges; zest from one
• Extra whole orange for garnish
• 3 tablespoons of orange liqueur (Use Grand Marnier)
• 3 tablespoons cognac (optional)
Instruction for Crêpe:
1. Combine all ingredients into a blender and mix until well-blended.
2. You may also combine them by hand.
3. If combining by hand, mix the eggs and milk separately and combine slowly with the dry ingredients. Mix in the melted butter last.
4. Important: Refrigerate the batter for at least 30 minutes. This gives the batter the opportunity to rest and fully come together.
5. Place a Pan on a medium-hot burner. Once hot, brush with a little oil or butter.
6. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of batter onto the pan.
7. Remove pan from the heat.
8. Swirl pan around until batter coats the bottom. Some batter will roll up to the sides; you will get a thin, crisp edge.
9. Return pan to burner. When the edge turns light brown—the Crêpe itself will become golden brown – flip the Crêpe.
10. Cook the other side for about 15 seconds until done.
11. Repeat the procedure (buttering as necessary in between Crêpe. Depending on the recipe and pan you choose, you may end up with 12-24 Crêpe.
Instruction for Orange Sauce:
1. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
2. Stir in the sugar, zest, juice, and liqueur. Stirring constantly, reduce sauce to ⅔ cup.
3. Very delicately add each crepe to the pan—one at a time—and coat it in the sauce. (Use a fork rather than a spatula for this.)
4. Fold each one in quarters, and arrange three on each plate, repeating until each crepe has been dipped and plated.
5. You may overlap them or arrange in a circle as shown in the picture, with a scoop of ice cream in the middle and extra sauce over the top. Scrap up the extra bits of orange zest and add orange slices as your garnish.
6. If you wish to flambé the sauce, reserve two tablespoons and add three more of brandy.
7. Stir together and remove the pan from the heat.
8. Ignite with a match and pour the flaming sauce over the crepes.
9. Important Note: You should only ignite the sauce using a metal pan; do not use a non-stick pan. Please exercise due caution and remove all flammable materials (dishcloths, etc) from the work area.
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags:
Thank you, your comments will be reviewed shortly!