Currently listing 236 recipes in 91 categories!Latest Recipes
Kulfi is a popular frozen dessert (like frozen custard) which is made of dairy products and sugar and filled with nutty goodness and flavored with cardamom and saffron. This is a rich dessert and perfect for summer times and parties. The coolest thing is you do not need an ice cream maker to make this dessert. All you need is pop sickle molds or aluminum molds which is prefect for making kulfis.
Preparation time: 3 hrs
Freezing time: 6 hrs to overnight
Yield: 15 to 17 (about 4″ in size)
- Evaporated milk 1 can
- Condensed milk 1 can
- Heavy cream 1 and 1/2 cups
- Unsweetened milk powder 1/4 cup
- Cardamom pods 4
- One big pinch of saffron
- Whole cashew nut 4 to 5
- Finely chopped unsalted blanched pistachios 3 tbsp
- Finely chopped unsalted blanched almonds 2 tbsp
- Dry roast blanched nuts and then chop them to small pieces or just pulse them separately until you get small pieces.
- In a sauce pan add evaporated milk, heavy cream, milk powder and mix well. Bring it to a boil over medium heat by constantly stirring.
- Add condensed milk little by little and check for sweetness and then add the rest.
- Add saffron, powder cardamom and all the chopped nuts and turn off heat.
- Let it cool and then refrigerate it for an hour or two.
- Now add the refrigerated kulfi mix to the molds until 3/4 th full and freeze it overnight.
- If you are using a plastic cup or an aluminum mold cover up with plastic wrap or foil (to avoid icy crystal formation on top) and insert a popsicle wooden stick to the mold.
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
No Recipes - Check back laterRecipe Cloud Tags:
Thank you, your comments will be reviewed shortly!