Navin Ramgoolam to visit India from February 6-11
Mauritius Prime Minister Navinchandra Ramgoolam, accompanied by his wife Veena Ramgoolam, will pay a state visit to India from February 6-11 that is expcted to provide further momentum to the expanding and broadening bilateral engagement between the two countries.
Ramgoolam will be accompanied by a high-level Ministerial delgation, senior officials and a business delegation. The visit forms part of the regular exchange of high-level visits between the two countries. President Pratibha Patil had visited Mauritius in April last year.
Ramgoolam will call on President Patil and Vice-President M Hamid Ansari and hold bilateral talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who will also host an official banquet in his honour.
His other engagements would include calls by the Minister of Finance, Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas, and Minister of State for External Affairs.
He will also call on ruling United Progressive Alliance Chairperson Sonia Gandhi. He will attend business events both in New Delhi as well as in Mumbai.
While in Mumbai, Prime Minister Ramgoolam will meet the Governor of Maharashtra, who will host a banquet in his honour. Je will also be the Special Guest of Honour at the Convocation Ceremony of Kurukshetra University on February 8, 2012, during which a Degree of Doctor of Laws (Honoris Causa) will be conferred on him.
"India-Mauritius relations have been unique in nature, built upon the historical and cultural linkages, which has grown into a modern vibrant partnership," the statement added.
- [10/02/12] Mauritius invites Indian investments
- [08/02/12] Mauritius ready to review bilateral tax treaty with India: Ramgoolam
- [11/02/12] Le PM séduit les investisseurs indiens
- [09/02/12] Navin Ramgoolam : “Le DTAT important pour l’Inde et Maurice”
- [13/03/13] Le PM : “Le DTAT est un problème passé”
(Currently 31,450 subscribers)
• “La dignité est plus importante que le pouvoir”...
• Bunwaree : “Des faussetés circulent”...
• L’opposition s’intéresse au contrat de Proguard...
• Le PM contre les “politiciens blabla”...
• “L’heure n’est pas aux célébrations”...
• SAJ souhaite un “tsunami politique” en 2015
• Nando Bodha : “La démocratie est menacée”...
You've just unlocked our easter egg. That earns you the right (and privilege) to meet the designer of this website.