Foreign Direct Investment increases by 20 pc in Mauritius
In its latest bulletin, released Tuesday, the Mauritian Board of Investment (BOI) has indicated that Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflows into Mauritius from January to June 2012 reached US$ 133 million, representing an increase of 20% compared to the figure in the first semester of 2011.
'Most of these investments take the form of green-field investments, that is, investment that directly creates or expands production facilities,' the BOI stated, estimating that even though a slowdown in FDI inflows is foreseen, given the enduring global financial and economic crisis, the outlook for the next six months remains favourable.
According to the board, major activities in the banking, telecommunications, pharmaceutical, retailing, residential and commercial real estate sectors involving investors from Europe, Asia and the Middle East are in the pipeline.
'BOI's strategy is to attract FDI into new sectors and activities from both traditional and emerging markets. There are clear signs that capital flows to Mauritius from investors of developing economies have started intensifying. An interesting feature in recent years is the rise of investments by Chinese and Indian companies,' it further said.
Regarding FDI flows from Africa and Asia, the BOI said they have exceeded those from Europe.
It said among developing economies, South Africa has been the main source of FDI over the last five years but the BOI did not give figures.
- [17/12/11] FDI : baisse de 35 %
- [05/02/13] Ken Poonoosamy : “Plus d’effort sur les marchés émergents”
- [09/06/12] Maurice à la recherche des investisseurs britanniques
- [20/09/12] Ken Poonoosamy : “Hausse de 43 % des activités du Global Business en Afrique”
- [26/04/12] Maurice se positionne comme le passeport d’affaires en Afrique
(Currently 31,450 subscribers)
• Les arnaqueurs sont très intelligents...
• “Nous tiendrons le temps qu’il faudra”...
You've just unlocked our easter egg. That earns you the right (and privilege) to meet the designer of this website.